If your laptop’s keyboard has issues & some buttons are not working, this problem may relate to hardware. The replacement will cost you between $40 to $100 from a broken keyboard to a brand new one. However, it depends upon your brand & model of laptop. There is a mechanical/physical problem that makes the key sticky.
How much does it cost to fix a laptop keyboard with water damage?
Laptop keyboard repairs range from $50 to over $200. The cost of cleaning liquid damage depends on the damage’s extent. A laptop with very little corrosion can cost $99, and a fully corroded computer can cost $200 or more.
Find how much it Costs to Replace a Laptop Keyboard
Replacing your laptop keyboard means buying a new one. It would help if you looked at your laptop’s model, which you have. You can type in Google ( your model & keyword price). You will know the cost of it from various websites.
Find exact matches online or offline.
It is important to do this because laptops are different from other laptops. Trying to tap another model’s keyboard on the laptop won’t work. Just as two different species cannot mate and produce fertile offspring.
So, the first thing to do is to find the right keyboard replacement for your laptop.
To find out the model and make of your laptop, type system information into your laptop’s search box. Click on the app that appears, and a popup will appear. There you can find manufacturers of laptops and laptop models. These are the two things you need to get the right keyboard.
Now go to the Amazon store which you think is best and search for a replacement. Again, be careful and choose only the correct make and model.
How to replace laptop keyboard Video Guide
How to replace laptop keyboard keys not working?
Remove the entire keyboard.
- Do not replace the keyboard while the device is on. So before doing so, please turn it off. If connected to a charger, unplug it first.
- Turn the laptop over to reveal the underside. You can see a few screws here and there. Some are for the screen, and some are for the keyboard.
- Use a Phillips screwdriver to loosen all screws carefully. If you’re unsure which screw opens which part, carefully remove a few to see if the screen or keyboard shakes, and proceed.
- Lift the bottom of the chassis. Underneath it, you will see a thin cable connected to the motherboard. Unplugging this cable or moving it vigorously may disable the laptop. Therefore, be very careful when removing the flat cable.
- Remove it, remove the back cover and find the keyboard connector to the motherboard.; there is a small lock on the connector; you need to unlock it to remove the keyboard. You will hear a ticking sound each time it does.
- Also, find the screw holding the keyboard in place and loosen it with a screwdriver.
- When you are sure that everything is cancelled, slowly lift the keyboard out of place.
- Now, the old keyboard should be removed.
- You will see a space ready to eat your soul.
- It’s time to replace it with a new one. Plug the new keyboard’s cable into the same place you disconnected the old keyboard. Be kind and careful because you don’t want to spoil things at this stage.
- Remember tha, etc., sores in and secures all flaps, so it connects without gaps.
- Insert the flat cable into place and tighten any screws you loosen.
- Place the keyboard in a space that devours souls and gently press to lock it in place.
- Then close the chassis cover with the same screwdriver and turn on the laptop to ensure it’s not dead.
But again, this process requires experience with computers. Doing this can be difficult if you’ve never looked inside a laptop.
You can also watch videos online to learn which cables go where and come back here to make everything easy. Another option you can find experts on Thumbtack nearest your area to help you.
If you don’t have previous experience with laptops, it’s not about the cost. You don’t want to make things difficult for yourself. So proceed with caution.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you fix a keyboard that fell in water on a laptop?
The good news is that water-damaged keyboards are repairable unlike other aspects of water damage to laptop components.
What if water drips on my laptop keyboard?
If you turn on the machine in this state, there is a high chance that the water will short circuit, splashing the board or damaging other delicate parts such as the processor. That is why it is essential to wait for the laptop to dry.
How long does it take for the laptop to dry?
Air dry for at least 24 hours. The longer, the better. You must ensure the computer is completely dry before turning it on again. Moisture left inside can cause short circuits and more damage.
Is the keyboard water damage permanent?
Just because the keyboard gets wet doesn’t mean it has to be permanently damaged. Many people have dried and cleaned their keyboards and have found that they are working as well as before.
Is it difficult to replace a laptop keyboard?
The task is not as difficult as you might think, and doing it has the advantage that you don’t have to remove and replace each key individually. It varies from laptop to laptop, but to remove the laptop’s keyboard, you usually need to unscrew the cover, remove a few screws, and disconnect the cable.
Can I replace my laptop keyboard myself?
Fortunately, fixing a malfunctioning laptop keyboard is a simple step-by-step process that only requires tools, time, and a little technical expertise.
Can I replace my laptop keyboard with another keyboard?
Most laptop keyboards are replaceable, but some models are easier and cheaper to replace than others. Fortunately, some laptop keyboards are easiest to replace by hand.
Is it safe to remove the laptop key?
Although it is possible to remove the laptop key, it should be removed as often as possible to prevent the key from malfunctioning. However, if you spill something on your laptop, you must remove some or all of the keys to clean underneath it.
What causes my laptop keyboard to stop working?
Occasionally, dust, hair, and other foreign objects can affect keyboard functionality. Clean the keyboard as much as possible. This may be enough to get the keyboard to work properly. Before you begin, turn off and unplug your laptop for safety.